Sunday, April 4, 2010

Instruments in the Hands of God

I apologize for not publishing a blog last week, I was having problems accessing my account so that I could post a message. I have figured out the problem, and now on with the show!!!

I have heard President Emery quote Alma 26:2-3 a number od times recently, and that always gets my attention when our leaders return to a theme frequently. I guess it is because I can sometimes be a slow learner. Here is the scripture:

And now, I ask, what great blessings has he bestowed upon us? Can ye tell?

Behold, I answer for you; for our brethren, the Lamanites, were in darkness, yea, even in the darkest abyss, but behold, how many of them are brought to behold the marvelous light of God! And this is the blessing which hath been bestowed upon us, that we have been made instruments in the hands of God to bring about this great work.

As I have pondered on this scripture, I have been impressed to feel a great blessing that we are able to serve as missionaries when the eye of the Lord is one our area.

In a recent meeting with President Colton, he shared a copy of a sample Ward Area Book. I will send the Excel document out to you. I would like to ask that you send me a copy of your WAB every week. The Ward Area Book is part of a program that was introduced by Elder L. Tom Perry.

I have a testimony of this program and know that your WAB will strengthen the alliance your are developing with the full-time missionaries and the ward members.

No comments:

Post a Comment