Friday, April 16, 2010

Priesthood Power Will Strength The Alliance!

Brethren,

I want to share with you a success story that is very exciting. I have seen this story happen three times in my years of serving in the missionary effort of the Church. The first time was when a small branch in Georgia drew on the power of the Priesthood to lead an entire stake in convert baptisms in a year. The second time was a ward in the Atlanta area that caught the vision of this same power. Now for the most recent experience.

In our own stake we have a "Proclaim The Gospel" committee that is doing amazing things. This committee is in the Hudson Ward and is lead by a pair of men who have caught the vision of using priesthood committees to build the Kingdom of God. Jay Egg & Jerry Pickeral have organized a committee that is really working.

They meet on the first Sunday of every month, and then they also meet once a month with the full-time missionaries and the ward mission leader. They have developed a very strong Ward Area Book and have great follow-up processes in place that are bringing them much success. In the previous edition of this blog, I asked everyone to please send me a copy of your Ward Area Book. I would renew that request now since no one responded.

I would encourage you to reach out to Brother Egg or Brother Pickeral and get some ideas on how they are making progress with their committee work. If you have a great success story, please send it to me so I can share it with everyone in the stake. We have a wonderful opportunity right now, let's strengthen our Alliance with each other and with the members in our wards. I testify that this will happen when we start to use the power that comes from highly functioning priesthood committees.

No comments:

Post a Comment